2. The captain must steer the ship. If leadership doesn’t know where a project or company is headed, how can the company know? This isn’t just about steps or deliverables, either, but a clear vision of the department or company’s future that he or she can communicate to the employees。
3. Italy, one of the eurozone’s weaker economies, received the most investment of any EU nation from Chinese companies. That was largely down to a $7.9bn deal between Pirelli and ChemChina. France was the number two country, receiving $3.6bn of investment through a string of big deals in the tourism and infrastructure sectors.
4. Average age: 37
5. "She gave her surname as Han when registering, which is also different from the name Su in media reports," the employee said.
6. 單詞discourse 聯想記憶：
1. For now, most of the activity around bitcoin is monetary in nature, so it makes sense that its critics point to volatility. Though the value of one bitcoin in U.S. dollars has fallen 67% in the past year, its value over the past two years is up 1,879%, according to the market price chart at blockchain.info. So whether it’s a good investment or a bad one is a matter of perspective.
2. Only asset management firms saw profits rise, up 16.7 per cent year-on-year to Rmb3.7bn.
3. Taobao, subsidiary of Alibaba, came in second place, with a brand value of $42.9 billion, overtaking China Mobile, Baidu and ICBC.
4. The Veterans Day holiday, which pays tribute to all men and women who have served in the U.S. military, dates back to 1919, when President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed November 11 as Armistice Day to celebrate the end of fighting exactly one year earlier in World War One - "the war to end all wars" - between Germany and the allied nations of Britain, France and the United States. The armistice famously went into effect at "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month."
5. Apple Inc. CEO Steve Jobs introduces the iPad 2 on stage during an Apple event in San Francisco, California in this March 2, 2011,
6. Technology and telecoms are on the up as are some fast food companies, including Starbucks, which BrandZ puts in this category, and McDonald's, whose brand value is risen by nine per cent even though its ranking is unchanged.
《癌癥：眾病之王》(Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies)，PBS，3月30日播出。該劇由《斯科茨伯勒：美國的悲劇》(Scottsboro: An American Tragedy)與《美萊》(My Lai)的導演巴拉克·古德曼(Barak Goodman)執導，肯·伯恩斯(Ken Burns)擔任執行制作人，這部六小時的劇集是根據普利策獲獎書籍、悉達多·穆克吉(Siddhartha Mukherjee)醫生的《眾病之王：癌癥傳》(The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer)改編的。